Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mankind What Have You Done?

The angry wind can be heard just outside my window accompanied with a heavy rain and I can't help but think of what had happened with typhoon Frank. I made the entry below last October 16,2009 taken from my old blog. 

Mankind what have you done?

This was the question that kept ringing on my mind everytime I  open the Tv. There woudn't be a time while watching that the network wouldn't give me a glimpse or some short news about a recent heart-wrenching calamity. Then it just makes us breathe a bit and then suddenly, here it comes again to let us taste nature's anger...typhoon, after typhoon after typhoon, when is it gonna stop? Suddenly, I don't even feel safe in my own home anymore, I don't even feel safe anywhere at all. As if at anytime of the day, when nature's fury would attack, im going to be history. Blame it to climate change, yeah! But aren't we also held responsible for what is happening?Sometimes I dunno what had people done to anger nature this much and make its revenge be so vicious and wicked. Sometimes it makes me think, are the people already so busy that they sometimes forget about God? That because of this, He is now punishing us. That because of this tragedy it would make us, His children, come back to Him and pray because, admit it, we are already neglecting Him sometimes when everything is just alright. That due to many conflicts nationwide, due to the calamities, people are again starting to learn and to unite. And now, here it is again, a typhoon just entered the Philippine area just after the previous got out and a threat of a very powerful earthquake is shaking the Luzon area. I can't help but think about the happenings in the bible, when a city drowned and the likes or the 2012 movie and it makes me cringe every time I relate this with our recent situation. I am asking myself a reasonable question considering the calamity which doesn't only cause the economic turmoil of the country but also risking the psychological state of the people where a very light rain is triggering everybody's paranoia. Are we nearing the end of the world? Is our generation, the unfortunate ones who would be the poor victims of an event which would be encoded in history books a century after? I can't help but ask, but I'm afraid to know the answer.

Hoping for change, 
Photobucket

1 hollas:

Anonymous said...

I really learned a lot about you by reading your blog. You're pretty awesome! You're pretty and your awesome. :-)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review