Monday, June 14, 2010

Sabbatical


Sabbatical. Do you know what this means? I’ve read this word again from the 2nd ebook I was reading that week. Though the current book
didn’t describe what a sabbatical is. Susan Colasanti assumed that her readers know what a sabbatical is and it’s something ordinary and natural in all countries. I knew its definition without thinking hard. When I first read it in Meg Cabot’s book, all the while I thought it was something related to the Sabbath Day or something related to goths and anti Christ which I found weird because I was reading a chiclit book(haha!). FOr a moment there, I was lost.(that explains the picture. I always feel like being lost in the woods everytime I encounter a foreing word) not until on the latter part did I know that it was like a year or so vacation of professors to travel in a place and finish the book they’re writing. I didn't try to google other defs of it though. There. Didn’t you just got a bit of knowledge here? hahah  Lets just say when they said, reading gains you a lot of knowledge, I didn’t consider my chiclit collection to be one of them. Because for me, those I can read just somehow widens my vocab and my am-slang. A no-brainer book whick makes me light when I’m stressed and entertains me when im bored. Plus bringing me to sleep. But as of this moment, maybe I’ve learned more and didn’t give much credit to the chiclit collection they deserved and you know what’s more fun about this realization? I’m learning a lot of things without having that force feeling of learning. The kind of learning I’ve always wanted. That type of learning where you hear it, didn’t realize but you internalize it and move to stored knowledge. Not those that you remember because you memorized it. Much like those cramming sessions a night before finals or those data you’re trying hard to push inside your noodle because you know it would eventually come out in a pop quiz. Suddenly, these no-brainers taught me how to be tough, how to be open minded, and how to widen my imagination defying the firewall of reality. Here I can be who I wana be. I can create my lead who I think is right, which by the way, Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan was the worst cast choice ever in history and it taught me stuffs I’ve applied in my day to day life. Not until I had stopped to ponder did I realize that I’ve learned a lot of things without the stress of learning and that’s what happens when you love what you learn. I remembered way back in hs when I had this declamation contest and had this piece wherein I know didn’t suit me well, It took me a day to memorize the piece but when I changed it, to a piece I fancy and love a lot because I think it is soooo me, I’ve gotten it for an hour or less and all my actions were pretty natural, I really was into it coz I liked it. So that piece, unlike any others was more of a I’m-infront-of-a-mirror-acting-out-myself way, it was just pure fun.fun.fun  and learning should be that way. Learning is fun, yeah right, I only feel that when im at my English and computer subjects, the rest, they give me a year wide stress. I didn’t make a lot of sense in this blog. I’m too lazy to get my thoughts organized, but sometimes, this is how it should be to be natural.


P.S. I thought of stopping in posting online purchases because I receive items daily and if so, my blog would only be filled with it. So i thought of posting it if it's really worth mentioning.haha
Photobucket

2 hollas:

curiouskatrina said...

Sabbatical. I learned a new word today! I think I need a sabbatical. (did I use it right?) I have a lot of untouched books here.

zarahbabe said...

haha.oo nang... ako subong everynight nagid ko gabasa kay indi ko katulog(though my mom thinks na mas gadugang na gani para indi ko matuyo.haha)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review