So What If I'm Skinny?
For the record. I am not thin because I starve myself coz I actually eat a lot.I am not thin because I'm anorexic.I am not thin because I shove a toothbrush down my throat to puke,certainly am not bulimic. I am not thin because I work out like hell and most importantly,
I am NOT THIN BECAUSE I WANT TO BE ONE. I'M JUST BORN TO BE ONE.
When I was young, I wanted to be a model: A model in the runway because they always strut down that catwalk donning the best quirky and pretty in a weird way designer frocks,coifs and shoes and get away with whatever outfit they're wearing just because THEY'RE FREAKING MODELS for crying out loud! A print ad model because they have those ferosh looks (even the "bored look" seem to be artistic), enviable outcome for pictures and have a pretty excuse for having out of this world photos because of photoshoots where they were booked. But more than ever, I wished to be a model because don't you think it's pretty cool when you get prepped, wear the best still-to-be-released designer items, pose for cameras, VIP pass or even walk in Fashion Weeks, rub elbows or cling glasses with the greatest or up-and-coming designers, receive tons and tons of gift-bags, travel(yay!) and being paid for doing all the cool stuffs? HOW COOL CAN YOU GET?
But yes, this is a model's life in an outsider's, not to mention kid's, perspective. I'm trying to keep this short but I've wrote about how media creates a shallow, unreachable kind of beauty through countless airbrushed pictures and stick thin figures. I've also wrote about an article about hollywood anorexia when I was in 1st year. I also remembered how RL's model had been edited to its worst state thus stirring controversies and barrage of discriminations and they did it plainly because that model wasn't stick thin. A lot of models lose their job coz they can't fit in their size zero pants and gained some weight which made them normal looking but too fat for the modelling industry.
There are two types of them from an insider's view. Those models who starve and crash diet before their walks or those lucky ones who's gifted with a metabolism that maintains their stick thin state. And sometimes, I can't help but smile and say. "Ha. If I were a model, there's one thing I won't have a problem of. The threat of the BMI. I can eat whatever I want and feel smug about not gaining weight." I eat a lot and still am stick thin, I remembered way back when I was able to gain a lot of weight but lose it eventually before I knew it I was back to my old self. For people with weight problems, this is a good thing, but for me... not much.
I can't help the phrase " Kaniwang nagid sa imo." being blurted by old colleagues I see after months or a year. But what irritates me most is the type of person who everytime she sees me says "Kaniwang simo." (as if I didn't know that.) like we don't see each other every freakin' day. Like a schoolmate I know. Who I know by the way is working her arse off to lose weight. Ha!Eat that! Atleast I don't have to sweat my arse off working out. I just have to conveniently eat lots of food and let metabolism work its wonders.
For the record. I am not thin because I starve myself coz I actually eat a lot. I am not thin because I'm anorexic. I am not thin because I shove a toothbrush down my throat to puke,certainly am not bulimic. I am not thin because I work out like hell and most importantly, I AM NOT THIN BECAUSE I WANT TO BE ONE. I'M JUST BORN TO BE ONE.
I am merely gifted with a METABOLISM many girls wish for.
SO WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP MAKING MY SIZE YOUR PROBLEM? Because I certainly don't care about yours.
Thin as always,


Tuesday, June 15, 2010
zarahbabe


Posted in:
3 hollas:
It's not a problem.. you might be thin but you occupy a huge space in my heart! (original cheesy line ko you ha?) hehe. :-)
huge space lang? dapat whole earth.. or di kaya whole universe. Afterall, u look like Ms. Universe. (ti, ma snami pa banat ko. ;-)
http://codedc98895612.blogspot.com/2011/06/love-and-basketball.html
Post a Comment