Sunday, June 13, 2010

The laptop Table and everything that goes with it...

I was in one of my, im-bored-so-im-in-the-mall-just strolling. Not having anything in mind of what to buy, I was just actually there to
pay our internet bill and send some gcash to my account, I’ve never bought any outfit from the mall,months ago, the last thing I can remember was purchasing a dress and a mid year school shoes because mine were pointed and they’re kinda getting strict about it. As online shops had boomed, the mall was never my bestfriend anymore. SO here I was, thinking it’s a waste of time to spend just a couple of minutes hile you’ve traveled enough to get there. It’s 2 PUJ ride by the way (I’m on a thrift week so no taxis if it’s still early.) So there, when suddenly it came up to me to see if this certain computer shop (I won’t say their name because as what Kris Aquino says to stars who guests in the buzz, don’t say the name of the brand if they let you pay the item, so well I did pay for my item minus the fact that I’m not a star,lol) sold laptop desks already, since a friend, checked it before and they don’t have it but a branch in manila has. So I dropped by to check if ever I’ll buy online, can they just ship the item to their Iloilo branch and I’ll just pick it up. Man, was that store packed. As always. I tried to checked their displays not hoping I can find that laptop desk but whoa. I did, 3 designs in different prices. But anyways, since I assumed that I’ve got to wait around an hour or two considering their patrons, I tried to walk to four other computer shops just around its corner hoping, now because a shop has it here, maybe others have to. As well as I wana compare prices and designs, but when I walk in and look for one, the staff would just look at me and think I’m this kind of Manol-who-keeps-messing-up-names-of-products they’re not familiar of and keeps insisting that either it’s a cooling fan I’m looking for or would point me to a desktop table. Yes, the ones where you place your desktop pcs (Did I say I mentioned to them the words PORTABLE and DESK which doesn’t match a cooling PAD and a BULKY desktop table? And I hate that feeling especially if I certainly KNOW what I’m talking about.  SO back to that sole shop who has a desktop table. I, without any exaggeration, waited for 1hour alternately switching weights on both feet, texting and observing the customers to not feel the bothering pain from my calf just to finally have that laptop table. Rare but I’m despy. Thank gawd I was in a lazy Saturday mood that I wore my leopard flats rather than my 3 inch ankle booties which was my 1st choice. But man did I tell you, that what-are-you-talking-about look didn’t end after those four shops. Since after an hour and it was my turn (FINALLY!) I was just too eager to say “that laptop table please”, pay and scram to give way to other customers. I know how they feel and out of boredom I even noticed that one girl took 30min. in just buying an ear phone! Goodness! What on earth made it that long to discuss something about a freaking, plain ear phone??? She was just there talking to the sales girl fumbling with the same set of ear phones she’s been holding for 30.min already. It now made me wonder what if she didn’t get it after that 30min.lol. I know we fuzz about making purchases, especially if it were gadgets or the right pair of killer heels but sometimes, some people make a big deal even of petty purchases they make. After waiting for an hour, don’t you think I’ve already made up my mind which of the 3 I wanted? I chose the one which is a hundred more than the other but it was quite worth it.

Back to my turn, so the girl asked, what I wanted and I say, that laptop desk please, and she gave me again this funny look and said.
“Ano ma’am?”
 “ang laptop table nyo to miss”(pointing at the display),
“ah ang cooling pad?” here we go again.
“Indi ah, laptop desk ya bala didto. Lain ya ang cooling pad.”(still pointing).
“Daw wala man laptop desk ma’am. Cooling pad guro.” Still looking at me like I was some weirdo who had the guts of insisting for things which didn’t exist.
“Indi na ya ang cooling pad ah. Gamay na ya. Bal an ko na. laptop desk bala.laptop table nyo to bala sa display hu.”(pointed again in the direction of the display for the third time, people was staring at me like saying “Indi na bala magbais kay sya gabaligya sya kabalo” and I won’t have any of it because I want that laptop desk or whatever she calls it basta I want it.) then she said
 “Wala kami na ma’am.” Waiting for an hour and prolonging it surely made me a bit irritated but it made me smirk
“Miss may ara kamo na bala. Nakita ko. Upod kanalang bala di sakon kay itudlo ko simo.”
 So she went out of the counter and walked with me to the display and pointed it to her, I noticed pairs of eyes throwing me daggers at my back thinking I was a waste of time and pointed it to her.
“ Ara miss hu. Diba laptop desk na nakasulat?”
 “Ay huo ma’am. Wala ko kabalo may amo na ni nga stock diri. Bag o ni namon nga stock. Subong lang gid nag abot.”
 “Ah.tingala ko man wala ka kabalo kay.”
Ha! Take that! Who’s silly now? And I smiled triumphantly and looked at those people beside me who thought I was a big joke for insisting something. So back to the counter she was unpacking it and of course there were a lot of people and those who’re bored can’t help but just stare at others purchases as they waited for their own. There were around 5 customers who asked out of curiosity but there was one who while I was about to pay asked me how much I got it and even bought one. I even got them a customer.haha. So as I went out, I thought of this think I’ve always wanted to have, it’s like a stick on silicon strapless bra, good for those backless outfits. And thought of looking for one and miraculously I found it. As I went out of the store, 2 bulky bags in hand, the sudden feeling of euphoria came rushing in. I mis the feeling of holding shopping bags. It’s been a while, and then I stopped a taxi and rode home. ( I broke my thrift day so I might as well, break it completely by hailing a cab.)

Photobucket

0 hollas:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review