Friday, August 6, 2010

Monsters

Sorry, this is the best picture of me that I can find to relate to this entry.
 When I was a kid, I have always believed that monsters exist more than I had believed that superheroes do. They were those big, red-eyed creatures lurking in the dark with dagger-like teeth and green gooey thing dripping on their mouth. When darkness
came, they were there to eat annoying little children like me who were misbehaving and were not eating their vegetables. But when I started to know and have a dose of the real world, I found my childhood predicament silly. Here I am who, since my childhood, had been scared of those monsters that might be lurking under my bed or behind my closet doors when dawn comes near. It makes me smile when I recall wasting all my energy getting scared of those monsters which never came even though how bad I’ve been while remaining oblivious to the fact that I had been and already am interacting with the real monsters everyday of my life. Contrary to what everyone else thought and believed in, they appear at anytime of the day and they are far from those scary looking creatures we see on TV or how our parents had described them. They look something like…something normal—like us.
            Behind those deceitful angelic façade, I can see different pairs of eyes reflecting hundreds of $ signs and those pseudo-innocent smiles concealing evil smirks… a sign of wicked plans lurking within their entities. As I was getting nearer to where they were situated and hear them talking among themselves like normal people do, I can already smell “it”. Their natural scent clogging my nostrils; the awful stench I’ve smelled all my life and detest—the sickening reek of corruption, of abusive power and incorrect domineering ways. When the harsh reality first came into me, it turned as a shock for I didn’t know that those self-proclaimed superheroes who promised to save mankind from the evil forces of the earth can be the worst forms of villains that exist. They are having a run of our hard-earned money and destroying our hopes and dreams that someday, we can speak our opinions freely. The people who are supposed to listen to the voice of the oppressed are the same monsters who hinder them to shout freely what they have in mind and what is the truth with no holds barred. Our so-called peace builders are exactly the same monsters who are our hindrance to peace because of their erroneous doings: their immense greed for money, their cosmic abuse of power and their entire being reeking with fraud.
            I didn’t know that power could give a person the right to impeccability and greed could create a monster abruptly. Is that hatred for them I can taste in my tongue? Absolutely.
            Sometimes it makes you shake your head with impossibility when you remember the first time you saw them and gave them your utmost trust thinking they can do nothing wrong. You’d eventually find out though that those were just masks meant to trick you. Those monsters. At my dullest times it makes me wonder if which is more condemning: a guy who tried to snatch a 20-peso bill due to hunger or those goody-two-shoes, highly respected monsters who can eat thrice a day and have enough money for a little luxury yet they still choose to steal a big amount of money, through their underground ways, from the entire community? The answer is so obvious but comprehend if which of the two would end up in jail. Come to think of it. We better be more careful with them than those whom we think as the most dangerous people on earth who are behind those cold prison bars. Why?  Those prisoners garbed in orange shirts admitted that they have committed a crime, unlike “them” who’re hiding their true colors behind those highly respectable ensembles. Those prisoners are already serving what they had done against the law while those monsters are out there as free as a bird plotting their next impous plan. Those prisoners made us aware that what they did were wrong while those monsters are continually brainwashing us that what they are doing is for our own good and sometimes, we can’t help but believe them.  Before getting scared in the sight of prison we must put in mind that those people inside the prison cells can’t touch us; while those monsters, angelic as they seem, can do us harm and take revenge if we go against their will, more than ever if they’re above us.

            There’d be no freedom as long as those monsters are part of and controlling our lives (while nobody dares to defy them) and this is one unfortunate thing we have to deal with. The ugly truth that is undeniable. If every time you try to speak the truth and feel your neck tighten, your hands painfully clasped with each other and you are holding back what you are about to say; it signifies only one thing – those monsters are still there controlling you. You shut yourself up, agree with them to avoid getting yourself in deep trouble. Unfortunate isn’t it? But true. There would be no peace and equality as long as these monsters exist, because there would be no peace if freedom isn’t present.
            Now I understand that you don’t need a third eye or be a bad kid to see that monsters exist.

            The monsters of the society – can you see them too?

Monster Buster,

Photobucket


1 hollas:

Anonymous said...

aw.. I dont have much to say.. i'm not "politically inclined". hehe

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review