Friday, July 16, 2010

Because I am a stage cousin

Nikko Guirao. His nickname speaks for himself. A Rhino, wrecking ball, a tank. Nikko has emerged as one of the top young guns in the NY-NJ Metro areas. Its his strength and ability to score that make him a threat to opposing teams. A player to build around and

a player to utilize in forming championship teams. Nikko’s offense varies from his shooting touch from different angles, his ability to break down defenses driving into the lane, and his ability to score at will all around the paint area. His court awareness adds to his offensive arsenal as he’s a legit passer and has a high assist:turnover ratio for an shooting guard. Aside his tank-like strength, he adds to his athleticism with his leaping ability with his 200+ pnd body frame. With good timing off the vert and the usage of his long wingspan, his vertical leap is above the average. He’s been seen playing for SWAT in Hoopsville’s Amateur Men’s league for the passed few seasons, and has made his mark at NABA being the leader of JSAG’s bantam and junior teams from NABA 2007 to NABA 2009. A beast on the court and a gentlemen off, Nikko’s ranks are up there with the likes of Carlo DeChavez, and AJ Pizon from New Jersey. Keep your eyes and ears open for this baller as he’ll be making some serious noise in 2010.
Photos and excerpt taken from
Rise of the Son Player Profile

While I'm writing this my cous' on his way to Boston for an Asian Basketball Tourney. Last year they were the champion in this same tourney but he's playing in a new team this year.(See pic below) As you can see, he is a bball whore.haha.jk. He likes to bounce and shoot everything which looks like a ball. SWEAR. He's been like my lil big bro. Lil because I'm 4 years older, big coz well at 16 he's 5'9 and I'm what? somewhere above 5?lol

We totally lived in the same house (because my mom and his mom are sisters and there's only two of them) like forever until 2 years ago he had to go back to dear Uncle Sam because as Pinoy as he was, he's an uberly overstaying alien in the motherland.

We catch up, tease each other and I'm still aware how he has changed after two years.It's still the same, I just can't see him in flesh. Oh hail technology! I know sometimes most of the time I really am passive and I hate myself for it. Swear. But anyways, just wana share some articles about him. I'm beaming with pride(do I sound like a mom?) that he's really doing great there with all his awards and I miss him loads. Hopefully, Can see him already next year and not another endless bball schedules and appointments would get in the way.



An excerpt from RiseOfTheSon Presents: Boston Summer Invitational

A new Fil-Am team attending will be JSAG-Jersey Shore from South NJ. This team is comprised of NABA veterans. Most notably, previous Boston Tournament winners, with Carlo “Big Black” DeChavez winning in 2008 with the 1st NYCE team, as well as Nikko “The Rhino” Guirao who played with the North Jersey Junior Knights team that won in 2009. 
(They won the 2009 championship of this Boston Summer Invitational. He's playing in a new team this year. See group pic below)
Nikko's in Blue for NYCE, They won again here.
Excerpt from Rise of the Son Team Spotlight
In the most recent Pre-NACBA Invitational tournament hosted by the NY Rockits, the Pistons sent two teams to compete for the championship hardware with the 18&U and 15&U teams, both of which had seasoned veterans. Their 15&U young guns made it all the way to the championship vs. the undefeated NY-NJ Metro powerhouse of NYCE (NYC Elite).


An excerpt from NABA 2008 Facebookpage
To end the 1st round was the American Tri-State game between SIPAG-NYC and JSAG-Jersey Shore. I honestly felt the tempo of the game being totally different from the other games, being slowed down to a more halfcourt game between both teams. SIPAG jumped to a quick lead but faultered as JSAG took their game to the perimeter with consistent shooting from veterans Jobert Rosales and Nikko Guirao.Late in the game, SIPAG managed to push their lead to 12, and held off Jersey Shore defeating them by a mere 4 points setting up their 2nd round game vs. Host-Detroit later that night.



more articles:




Nikko Fan,


Photobucket

0 hollas:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review