Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ukay Holiday

Have you ever tried going on an ukay trip with hopes of finding one of a kind vintage pieces or just to try it and might be in luck of finding something which would cost hundreds in malls?(Sorry for the run on)Well, I have. Once and never again.
If you don’t count my few attempts in searching for something I might want from Magarbo (a mall-based, somehow-ukay type store) and totally failed. Well, I’ve seen a lot and I mean a lot of ukay shops online selling pretty pieces. And I mean PRETTY and FAB pieces which look so high fashion and all (or was it just because of the presentation: high end photoshoot and models). You wouldn’t think it’s even ukay. But just a heads up, manage your expectations because not everywhere you’d see fab finds pop up out of nowhere. You gotta dig for it. Literally.

Let me share to you a newbie and ignorant’s first trip in ukay-ukay. My ukay trip was somehow unplanned since I happen to get something from a western union stop in Jaro plaza (a part of Iloilo which is within the city area) and our helper asked me if I wana go check out the ukay-ukay inside. So I said yes, suddenly those fierce clothes I see in online ukay2 stores came rushing in and I was excited as hell to splurge all that I have in this ukay trip coz surely it would help me save 50-80% in my shopping expenses-- NOT.

When I walked in, my eyes were salivating of ALL the stores with clothes. I knew it. I just knew it. I am so in on a shopping spree now. But after around 30 minutes of dizzying myself with the sight of items I wouldn’t even dare give a double-take on, running here and there, digging bits and bobs, I started to lose faith in my ukay skills, which I never knew in the first place that you gotta have an “ukay skill” when you wana succeed in this endeavor. Translation: ukay skill such as patience, an “eye” of seeing the beauty of clothes in its before washed and ironed phase and most especially the energy and willpower to dig and dig. What I don’t have? All of the above. Inshort, laziness got the better of me yet again. Uh-oh! 1 for ukayholics- 0 for me. I thought you just go in there and those items will get your attention somehow.  Geez, no wonder those sellers price their ukay at brand new prices, you really need to have an “eye” for good finds, plus having those ukay skills I know I never have. So I gave up and went home disappointed with myself and just bought myself a pair of bnew jeans.

Since I gave up with my non-existent actual ukay skills, let me boast my online ukay finds, the pretty hot red highwaist skirt and the teal oversized shirt dress (The two when paired looks like Christmas colors, goes for the title). Got both for a hundred freakin’ pesos *smug face here*. FTW! I mean what the hell can you buy for P100 in malls? You can’t even buy two decent accessories for P100. And here I was, bought two apparels for only P100! I am so beaming with pride. What’s more? Got it from an online store which is situated here in Iloilo too. TING! Are you thinking what I’m thinking? EXACTLY! How come they found these pretty stuffs and I can’t? Where the hell are they searching? haha

I wana try ukay hunting again sometime soon. Wana come with?


P.S. pics to be posted next time.

Ukay loser,

Photobucket

1 hollas:

Anonymous said...

Yeah.. sure.. just tell me when and i'll come.. for you to know, I have mad ukay skills. I can surely help you out. no sweat! :-)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review