Friday, September 17, 2010

The Prey

We were glaring at each other, eye to eye or so I thought. I looked at him ready to terminate his whole, toxic existence in this world and he, on the other had, was looking at me like I was some big whopper from Burger king, which was by the way ironic considering my stick-thin

figure. But oh didn’t he even mind. We were testing each other, sizing up each other’s speed which would take us one step ahead of the other. I found my stance, he stayed where he was. Maybe he was one step ahead of me in the stance department coz he seemed conveniently situated on where he should be when hell breaks lose. I breathed my first breathe which I had been holding for a while but didn’t realize, he didn’t fret. I took one small step, he didn’t budge. Was he trying to imply that he wasn’t even bit scared of me or were just trying to intimidate me? I took another, still no reaction from him. I was throwing him daggers and he threw me..nothing. Not even a bread. Seriously? Is he like sleeping? Hello? We’re on the middle of a fight here incase you forgot. But then I knew he was studying everything before going for the kill. Just then when I was so sure of my move and ready for my aim, like a speeding bullet he vanished. Next thing I knew, he was flying around me that I can lose him in a blink. I can feel my self sweat a bit. Oh no wasn’t I gonna lose my chance in finishing him. It was either me or him. I can hear his presence now and I was hella sure that he can’t see anything but me. His prey. His latest victim. The latest recipient of that poison he might send in my body which would deteriorate my system. No friggin' way. I wouldn’t be like his other victims. I will surely put up a fight for my life. He was now hovering above me. I can sense but not confident enough that I can hit him spot on then and there. Man was he fast and a smart one than I’d given him credit for. I’ve had a hard time killing some of his kind but the majority was a piece of cake and I was sure he was seeking revenge too. Revenge, lust and satisfaction were a lethal combination and it would make anything be motivated of his goal. His was to end me. Because if there’s one thing in life, I think my mission was to kill them. Eradicate their existence. Though that was hard if it was me vs. thousands. He was now feeling my move, then suddenly a genius thought hit me. Like any person or would tell you if you’re in the middle of an assault, play dead. I know if I do so, I will surely give him the chance to inject some of his poison in my body. That was the risk I had to take. That was a sacrifice I had to make not only for me but its future victims. Am I feeling so martyr-ish sacrificing myself. It’s a make or break situation. I am going to bate myself but I gotta be sure that I’m not luring him for nothing. So now I start to lie down, close my eyes, stopped moving, then waited and felt the environment around me. Like those in the movies I gotta feel which direction he might come from so I know where to attack. Then I heard him, inching bit my bit. My was he buying it. Then there it went, a shot of pain at my arm. At this point he was surely sucking my blood in exchange for his poison like it was some fair trade between us. Like sucking blood from other people was a day to day friendly gesture and sucking the life out of people wasn’t condemning. I studied my moves and moved carefully to not give myself away. I can see him now in a slit from my peripheral vision and it took me a lot of body control to not even twitch the arm he had on.

 Then SMACK! 
It was five mere seconds of silence and uncertainty. What are the odds that I hit him and what are the odds that I didn’t?  As I removed my weapon, I saw blood all over it. Which by the way I knew wasn’t his blood technically but from his victims that he sucked. Then I knew the fight was over. Just like that. I stood up, went to the sink and rinsed the weapon that killed it with, my hand. When I woke up, I looked at my  palm and there were no traces of blood from the night before. It was one brand new day and new mosquitoes to kill. Gotta ready my senses because last night was no easy fete. They were just getting better and better.


            Filthy bloodsuckers. (And I thought this was a sexy phrase when referred to Edward Cullen and his coven) 








Photobucket

1 hollas:

Anonymous said...

cool! You really write well. I can read your blog like forever. :-)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review